And can you go a little faster?!

Joetherocker

Aviator wrote:

OMG I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!

Who?

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Wildvine53

I just downloaded 13 Blue Envelope. it's the NookBook of the week. It sounds similar to the 39 clues books, without all the trading cards, online games, and cash prizes.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Joetherocker

I've heard of that book, but I'm too lazy to look it up. What's it about?

Wild signature appeared!

thesignpainter

artimis fowl is painfully hilarious, easily one of the best, if not thee best book series i've ever read!

All the children try to run,
To him its part of the fun.
His branching arms are for collecting,
His face is empty of expressing.
He sometimes hums a lowly drone,
He will wander 'round your home.
Dressed in darkest suit and tie,
He won't let you say goodbye.

Kingbuilder

Currently reading A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines. Thus far, I'd definitely recommend it as a must-read title. It's a very eye-opening and tragic story.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Late

I read Forrest Gump few weeks ago. Best book I've ever read! I also watched the movie which didn't have even close to everything that the book had (but the movie had also something that the book didn't). I have to go and find Gump and Co. and read it too.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Odnetnin

I just finished The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck. A good anti-Nazi propaganda story about the occupation of a small town in winter during the war, which most analyzes the psychs of the "conquerors" and the "conquered" alike. Spoiler alert, the "conquerors" aren't the conquerors, and the "conquered" aren't the conquered.

Now I have to read Anthem by Ayn Rand, True Grit by Charles Portis, and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and take notes on them, all before the school starts on the 22nd. Oh joy.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Rensch

Reading the His Dark Materials trilogy, by Philip Pullman right now. It's a novel for young adults but it's full of intriguing reflections on the nature of humanity, life, religion, sciene, nature etc. nonetheless, making it a very mature tale.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Joetherocker

So I found out I have $40 in fines at my library for books I returned two years ago.

THIS IS WHY NOBODY LIKES THE LIBRARY HERE!

I'm going to check out True Grit using my brother's card tomorrow.

Wild signature appeared!

Joetherocker

I took care of my library fines today (They send them to collection agencies if you don't) I checked out:

Reckless - Cornelia Funke
A Drifting Life - Yoshihiro Tatsumi
Good-bye - Yoshihiro Tatsumi
True Grit - Charles Portis
Heroes of the Valley - Jonathan Stroud
Gentlemen of the Road - Michael Chabon
Awesome - Jack Pendarvis

I got some interesting looks when I walked out.

Wild signature appeared!

CanisWolfred

Anybody ever read anything by Edgar Rice Burroughs? I normally avoid books, but I'm currently reading one of his books, titled A Princess of Mars. It's an old-school sci-fi adventure about a man who somehow goes to Mars only to get caught up in the conflicts of the civilizations on a dying world. It's a pretty facinating read so far, though I'm only a few chapters in.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kingbuilder

Reading The Count of Monte Cristo on my iPod, gonna go check out American Psycho from the local library, and we are going to read and go over Fahrenheit 451 in my English class. Hooray for multi-tasking! :3

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Ravage

Started and finished I Am Ozzy last week. Good read.
Other than that, I recently started up Just After Sunset, a book of stories by Stephen King.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Adam

Empire Star by Samuel Delaney. Weird book. Seemed like a traditional B-grade sci-fi novel until the twist in the end (which I should have seen coming but various circumstances led me to read the book completely wrong) which turns the whole thing into a huge puzzle.

Also, Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett, which wasn't very good. Starts off like a Hitchhiker's Guide-style comedy then turns into a more serious plot except it's still stuck with characters written for a comedy, and the jokes quickly become less frequent and less amusing. First 80 pages or so were non-stop hilarity though.

Also read the Song of Ice and Fire series since last time I posted here, which was wonderful. Much better than I remembered from trying to read it once before.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

TheKingOfTown

Reading The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan. Yeah, I'm just about the only 12 year old in the world who hasn't finish the Percy Jackson series yet.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Wildvine53

I just finished Heat Wave by Richard Castle today, and plan on reading Naked Heat tomorrow. I've gotta jog my memory, Heat Rises comes out on Tuesday!

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Colors

I finished reading Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs a few weeks ago. Great book, and I could really relate to the main character. We're both 12-year-old boys who love animals and live in Texas Reading the Leven Thumps and Tunnels series right now.

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

MetroidMasher17

I liked Eragon and the resulting series.
Also, NEVER read The Book of Lies. I, personally, absotively hated it.

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

Xkhaoz

The Chocolate War is an excellent book, thanks to Oddy for recommending it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.