Forums

Topic: The Book Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 162

Ravage

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I finished reading To kill a Mockingbird and now I'm reading the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

Just kind of curious, what did you think of To Kill A Mockingbird?

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

she_gamer

Ah, To Kill A Mockingbird... one of my favourites. I have no idea why, it doesn't fall into any of my favourite genres, but it's so simple and... wholesome? Luckily the novel study we did on it in school didn't ruin it for me. Same with the Golden Compass.
Also, I just finished reading the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Amazing.

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Adam

The Hunger Games were great. I just wish they spent less time dealing with the love triangle. I find it hard to imagine being in their place with our lives and the freedom of the world at stake constantly, and being concerned about who smooched whom.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Jango-Forest

In the middle of "Farewell My Lovely" by Raymond Chandler. At times it's impossible to understand what's going on, but it's really about the rollicking prose and the one-liners.

Jango-Forest

RoyalBlur

Adam wrote:

The Hunger Games were great. I just wish they spent less time dealing with the love triangle. I find it hard to imagine being in their place with our lives and the freedom of the world at stake constantly, and being concerned about who smooched whom.

I think that I'll try reading those books as they seem really good.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Machu

Untitled

Reading this, again. It's so affirming, especially for a deeply religious nonbeliever, like me. Untitled

oh, and I read Hard Times, again, for like the 5th time. I love that effin book xD

Rawr!

Retro_on_theGo

Ravage wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I finished reading To kill a Mockingbird and now I'm reading the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

I thought it was great. I wasn't all too interested right away at the start,but once Boo came in I really started liking it. I really enjoyed it.

The_Fox

Machu wrote:

Untitled

Reading this, again. It's so affirming, especially for a deeply religious nonbeliever, like me. Untitled

oh, and I read Hard Times, again, for like the 5th time. I love that effin book xD

I love Dawkins. His can be a bit standoffish (or he was at the event I saw him at), but other than that he's fantastic.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Ravage

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ravage wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I thought it was great. I wasn't all too interested right away at the start,but once Boo came in I really started liking it. I really enjoyed it.

I was just kind of curious. I disliked it both times I read it

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Retro_on_theGo

Ravage wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ravage wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I was just kind of curious. I disliked it both times I read it

Ah,really? I'm not even into classic literature that much. Well to each his own I suppose. It's your choice.

Joetherocker

I'm not currently reading anything, but I think I'm going to see if my school library has East by Edith Pattou tomorrow. I've heard that it's really good.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

irken004

I'm not currently reading anything either, though I have a new copy of "Neuromancer" staring me in the face @_@

NeoShinobi

I finished "One flew over the Cuckoo's nest" not too long ago. Now I'm reading Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke.

.... or something like that.

Usagi-san

I prefer Alexandre Dumas' historical fiction, ever since I found there was a follow up to the three musketeers I've been trying to find more books by him and recently finished reading "Georges". I just can't seem to get behind reading modern fiction though, I think I like my books to have a bit of a history of their own. That and the classics can be quite inexpensive at some bookstores.

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

Joetherocker

Went to the library today and picked up Sabriel by Garth Nix and East by Edith Pattou.

Wild signature appeared!

Kid_A

I'm reading a book that compiles a ton of lost interviews with The Beatles. Really fantastic stuff

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Xkhaoz

I recommend you read my current draft of my book. You don't have to, but it'd be cool if you did.

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Joetherocker

Got a kindle for my birthday last Thursday. Guess who's downloaded over 70 books for free since then?

Wild signature appeared!

Kid_A

Picked up Tina Fey's new book. I haven't started reading it yet, but I can't imagine that it won't be hilarious.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.