Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,521

Slapshot

Hey guys, if you've got a weak XBLA account password, it's time to beef it up. I'm sure you guys have all heard that many XBL users' are getting hacked into as of late, but IGN actually has now proved that there is indeed a loophole that is allowing hackers to get into your account pretty easily. Of course, Microsoft claims this isn't so and your free to not care, but you can see how they are breaking into accounts yourself here:
http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/121/1216502p1.html

Just a quick warning to keep you guys from possibly loosing anything, as most people have credit card information stored into their accounts. A long, strong password with multiple number/letter combos will keep you safe, as hack bot tools usually stick with more common variations.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

shingi_70

change my password every 90 days

going to change it again tommorow

oddly for what is supposed to be the standard in enterprise Microsoft's consumer email sucks alot.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

you get security on the xbox server side of things. like game hacks and xbox live going down.

this is something on the windows live side of things. if your xbox live isn't attached to windows live your good. really you should do research before complaining.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Slapshot

@Swiket This is just an exploit in the way you sign into their service. XBL is indeed one of, if not the most secure service on the market.

Edited on by Slapshot

Slapshot

Hey guys, don't know if you've caught wind of it, but there is a new Microsoft IP partnership coming to XBLA this summer. It's called Deadlight and it looks really cool. Check it out here.

shingi_70

donlowded the trailer. looks to be the next shadow complex. hopefully that genre of photo realistic side scrollers or metroidvainas blow up.

WAT!

shingi_70

on that note say what will about retail but their first party download support is killing it.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Oddy wrote:

Question: Say I got an Xbox and Fez and Runner 2 were out for it. Could I pay for and download them without having to pay for one of those LIVE Gold subscription thingies? If so, what are the benefits of that service?

1) Yes.
2) Online Play, early access, sales.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

GundamMac wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Question: Say I got an Xbox and Fez and Runner 2 were out for it. Could I pay for and download them without having to pay for one of those LIVE Gold subscription thingies? If so, what are the benefits of that service?

1) Yes.
2) Online Play, early access, sales.

Yeo,

With Live you also get stuff like Last.FM, Crackle, ESPN, I heart radio.

Also Fez got sent in for Certification last week.

Also this Wednesday along with the Windows 8 Consumer Beta event , there will be the Microsoft Spring Showcase.

Untitled

WAT!

Gamer83

So anybody download Alan Wake's American Nightmare? I finished it up yesterday and for a $15 arcade game it's pretty damn awesome. Now I'm looking forward to AW 2 even more than I already was.

Gamer83

Magi

Just finished Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning with 1000/1000. It was worth it. Sadly, the game got extremely easy at the end and I didn't even spend any time min/maxing. Other than that, it was a pretty nifty game. I'm hoping for some decent (and HARD) dlc in the future.

Magi

shingi_70

Want to pick up amalur as the demo was good. Right now my wrpg series of the moment is fable. 3 came in the mail yesterday and I've been playing that nonstop. Amalur seems to be in the same vein of a world in could get into. I finder the elder scrolls games to be pretty boring.

WAT!

y2josh

I'm considering selling my XBOX 360 Arcade model console with a 20 gb hard drive and 2 controllers. I'm wondering what a good starting price would be. I don't want to rip anyone off. It's in like new condition though. I don't want to get ripped off either. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

y2josh

Dezner

Even if you use it sparingly, I'd say keeping it is worth more than the hassle of trying to get rid of it. Do you stick with PS3 mostly for all your games, then?

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

y2josh

I've not been playing much of anything lately except for my player mode in NBA2k12 which is very addicting. And there's nothing coming out for the 360 that will make me want to play anything on it anytime soon. Just thought I should get as much as I can for it while it still has some value.

y2josh

shingi_70

Picking it up only because I want to play the pod racing. waiting till its like $10.

But Man that XBLA lineup is killing it and is crushing in exclusive content. their retail stuff may be shakey but XBLA is where its at

Minecraft xbox edition
Wreckateer
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (already out)
Bloodforge
Fable Heroes
Trails Evolution
South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge
Deadlight
Diabolical Pitch
Haunt (already out)
Fez
Crimson Dragon
Mark of Ninja
Spelunky HD
Battleblock Theater
Hybrid
The Splatters

WAT!

cheetahman91

Please tell me that the third game is fake. I refuse to acknowledge it's existence.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.