Forums

Topic: The Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,521

the_shpydar

Got an email today from UbiSoft about a 1-day sale on AC Revelations for $35.99 + Free Shipping from Amazon! Sweet! I had been waiting to pick it up, and just $39 (with tax) was too good to pass up.

In other news, i don't think it is possible for me to hate the new dashboard look more. The horror ... the horror ... F you, Microsoft.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

the_shpydar wrote:

In other news, i don't think it is possible for me to hate the new dashboard look more. The horror ... the horror ... F you, Microsoft.

Yeah I dont like it either. Although I have heard that if you dont except the update than you can keep the old dashboard look, if you did except the update like me than you are SOL.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

I like the update. I'm a bug fan of metro and while this isn't the best version of it I blame that on how mircosoft operates and not waiting for Nextbox for this.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

WolfRamHeart wrote:

According to Major Nelson.com, Sonic CD is coming out tomorrow on XBLA and it is only going to be 400MS points($5). YAY!!!

Yeah, 400 MS points is a heck of a deal for this game. I had forgot they were re-releasing the game for XBLA and PSN when I saw it the other day I had to download it. Still an awesome game all these years later. The port itself is very well done, controls are spot on and it looks great.

Gamer83

Slapshot

So I'm out of a Xbox 360 once again - though I'm sure many of you already know this - another system screwing up on me, so I sold it off while I could at least get something out of it, so I'll not be online on the 360 anymore, and I'm certainly not buying another one....again. Haha. My Xbox loved me, but the 360's hate me for some reason. I mean, all I do is play them, but they just keep dying.

So, this story is really hot in the gaming world today and I wanted to see what you guys think of it.
http://n4g.com/news/909070/today-microsofts-hype-about-the-gr...

My opinion, they're getting way ahead of themselves with the thought that Kinect is the future of Microsoft. Yeah, they're shoving it down our throats that it's God's gift to the gaming community, but gamer's - the actual gamer's out there - seem to disagree in droves. Yes, Kinect has it's qualities for sure and it's amazing technology, but if this gamble doesn't pay off in the long term, they are going to have to serious rebuilding to do afterwards. When the Wii died, Nintendo had/has 3DS and when the PS2 died off and the PS3 wasn't worth buying for years, Sony had the PSP to carry them through. But Microsoft doesn't have this alternative...that's unless they've got something REAL BIG coming up this year that we don't know about!

I'm banking on the latter, because I don't see Kinect as being the new Xbox system like they've claimed it is/will be. I think the quite approach that Microsoft has been using lately is masking something truly spectacular that's up their sleeve for this year, because they've lost way too much lately to be this arrogant - not something Microsoft is usually known for vocally being (e.g. Bungie, Bizarre Creations, Mass Effect, Limbo, etc.).

What do you guys think? I bet you thought I was going all fanboy there at the beginning too, didn't you! Haha

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Gamer83

If they truly think Kinect is the future for Xbox, well I may unfortunately have to stop supporting the brand. I'm a big fan of the Xbox brand, 360 in particular, but controller-free or this 'hybrid' gaming with the controller and kinect that they're talking about are both utter garbage. Let me use a regular damn controller for future Halo games, please.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

kkslider5552000

"hey Nintendo could win this gen despite alienating the fans, but we're Microsoft. We can alienate the fans more WITHOUT being in 1st place. Take that Nintendo!"

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

Kinect is the Future on Input technology as a whole.

Watch this Video

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/21/2652055/kinect-fusion-ligh...

Kinect as a User interface system blows move and M+ out the water. While one may agrue that its not the best for games in the long fun of these Games aren't a Important market but one tooo get Kinect hyped and into the hands of Devs and everyday tech.

For an example the 3D modeling that Josh showed off in the video. Theoretically one could use the sensor to control robots on other sides of the world. This could be a giant step for robotics more so than the simple open close pincer of the wii applications. With a Higher resolution Kinect Camera sensor could scan your hands and allow you to work with more advanced hand like robots.

But yeah for stuff like gaming the Kinect is okay at best.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Magi

I'm so sad I missed Bastion for 50% off on the 12 Days of Deals. At least I picked up the last New Vegas DLC I needed for half off today. I might actually get a chance to finish Fallout: NV in the time between when I tire of Skyrim and before I start Kingdom of Amalur.

Magi

the_shpydar

Got my copy of AC Revelations yesterday, yay Amazon/Ubisoft sale! Won't get a chance to start playing it till tomorrow, but a nice Christmas present (from me, to me, lol).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

shingi_70

Picking up a New Copy of FF13 saturday.

I played up into disc 2 but it wouldn't load when i went to change discs.

The Game has great music and isn't as bad as everyone says.

WAT!

Magi

Day 4 of "Xbox 12 Days of Deals":
50% off Mortal Kombat season pass (normally 1200pts, now 600pts)
50% off Deadliest Warrior: Legends (normally 800pts, now 400pts)
50% off Deadliest Warrior: Joan of Arc game addon (normally 240pts, now 120pts)

I'll be skipping today.

Magi

Slapshot

@shingi I completely agree that Kinect is absolutely amazing technology and Microsoft is doing some incredible things technology minded, but I'm speaking in the realm of what I do: gaming. Both Move and Kinect have the positives and negatives, but to say the Kinect blows Move out of the water is a nearsighted statement. While Kinect can pull your whole body into a game and allow you to play on a horizontal plane, or cube if you will, it's registering of fine movement isn't great. Move on the other hand is wonderful at reading minuscule movements and that's why it translates perfectly into the FPS realms - super fast reaction times and pinpoint accuracy, but Move struggles with full body games that Kinect does so well with. The difference is, Move is much better at giving a gaming experience that appeals to core gamers, where the many limitations of Kinect have staged it as a primarily casual peripheral.

For this last reason is why I think that Microsoft's current hyping up is not centered around Kinect. It doesn't translate into core gaming experiences well and the upcoming big Microsoft titles that use Kinect: Star Wars, Fable, etc. have all been played by the media and have not been received highly at all - especially Star Wars, of which I'm a massive fan. They've got to have something else up their sleeve, because their risking too much with Kinect to place it as a centerfold. Sony's Move is a optional peripheral for those who desire to use it and they can take the risk will little to loose and not to mention that Sony's Vita and the PS3 lineup for 2012 is very big already: All Vita titles, Dust 514, Starhawk, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, The Last Guardian, Sorcery, Twisted Metal, etc.

Microsoft has something up their sleeves! That's my prediction for 2012.

shingi_70

Yeah the Blow out the water was a ton of hyperbole.

CES 2012 Xbox 720 believe.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Slapshot

shingi_70 wrote:

Yeah the Blow out the water was a ton of hyperbole.

CES 2012 Xbox 720 believe.

Either that, or Microsoft is dropping a handheld! But, on another Microsoft subject, me and my Dad were talking about Microsoft — he's in high management in computer engineering for a massive company that subcontracts for the US Navy, of which I work as well) — but I can honestly see Microsoft going neck and neck with NASA in the end. Still producing computers, but becoming more of an inventor than a hardware developer. If that was to happen, many would think Microsoft was going down, but it would actually be a massive step-up the ladder for them. Time will tell.

SimonB79

ah! a 360 thread add me guys ... check my sig ... everyones welcome.

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter:

shingi_70

Just Added you.

So I bought FF XIII and Mass effect 2: The Arrival. (It was goooood)

Have 1000 points left and thinking of getting Magic the gathering and some Indie games.

WAT!

Whopper744

Is it honestly worth buying a 360 at this point?? And if so, how much should i put into one? I would like to try to play online with some friends I know...specifically on Perfect Dark (remake of the 64 game).

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

shingi_70

Joshers744 wrote:

Is it honestly worth buying a 360 at this point?? And if so, how much should i put into one? I would like to try to play online with some friends I know...specifically on Perfect Dark (remake of the 64 game).

Why wouldn't it be worth it.

Perfect Dark still holds up goes toe to toe with the best of the best of FPSs.

XBLA and XBLIG blow all the other DD services out the water. I would also point out some apps but the members here have spoken on how they feel about consoles doing more than games.

WAT!

Whopper744

shingi_70 wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

Why wouldn't it be worth it.

Perfect Dark still holds up goes toe to toe with the best of the best of FPSs.

XBLA and XBLIG blow all the other DD services out the water. I would also point out some apps but the members here have spoken on how they feel about consoles doing more than games.

ok. The main reason I ask is one, it's pricey (at least to me who is getting married and getting a Wii U). Another reason is because I figure the next gen system will be out in a couple years.
Perfect Dark is my favorite shooter by far, by the way.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.