Forums

Topic: Nintendogs+cats!

Posts 401 to 420 of 552

6ch6ris6

has anybody the dogrobot yet?

it is...creepy xD just bought one. should i name it wuff-bot or creepy?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Victoria

Still there has been no Spot Pass in the EU. So unfair. I wonder why they're only adding stuff in the US? Are people in other parts of North American getting these Spot Pass content? or is it just the US?

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

6ch6ris6

canada had some too i think.
nothing for europe or australia so far i think

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

katysu

I'm in the UK & would love some DLC/spotpass for this game - I'd be very happy to meet a US President & his dog.
I do wonder if a reason why Europe & Australia has not had any yet, is because it is dfficult to come up with a character either real or fictional that is acceptable/well known to all of us.

They could separate DLC out by country, but I have a feeling they won't do that as it is too much work.
case in point - Canada got the US presidents.
Don't know if Japan has had any DLC for Nodgs.
They could give us an accessory rather than a Mii, I don't care, so long as they give us something.

katysu

6ch6ris6

well i thought dlc would be new items not some old politicians talking their dog for a walk

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

TeeJay

6ch6ris6 wrote:

has anybody the *dogrobo*t yet?

Wait, WHAT?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

6ch6ris6

okay i have the german version so i dont know if i name all of the following things right^^
SPOILER ALARM:
the recycle shop offers you a coupon for a robotdog. the coupon requires 7 of all recycle materials i think. when you have one go to the place where you buy dogs and cats and there you can "buy" dogrobots. they look creepy xD i bought one and it is just like a normal dog but it is a robot xD you even have to feed it and all that stuff. but i am not sure if they can get fat depending on the food you give them

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Kirayoshi

6ch6ris6 wrote:

has anybody the dogrobot yet?

it is...creepy xD just bought one. should i name it wuff-bot or creepy?

You could call it K-9...

Kirayoshi

6ch6ris6

3d is okay. nothing mind blowing. dogs look a bit cuter in 3D but i am not using 3D in this game anymore to safe battery

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

katysu

WaveBoy wrote:

do you have to use the microphone and voice recognition? I'd rather not.

You can get away without using it for everything except for teaching tricks & the obedience competition.
You will have to use your voice at the very start of the game & when you introduce a new dog or cat: for the dogs you have to name it & teach it sit, & you have to name the cat.
I do tend to call my pets over using my voice while in the house (you might have to always call a cat, it might not come to you by whistling or tapping the screen)

Qn from me: Still no spotpass for Europe?
Japan has had some & the US have had another President (Hayes & his cat Siam) - but still nothing for Europe?

katysu

Victoria

katysu wrote:

Japan has had some & the US have had another President (Hayes & his cat Siam) - but still nothing for Europe?

Nope. Rather lame, don't you think? I've pretty much quit playing. There's nothing new in the shops, and nothing new to do.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

TeeJay

I recently got a spotpass for yet another President who owns a...Siamese cat, this time. I'm not much for history, so these Spotpasses don't do anything for me.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

6ch6ris6

Victoria wrote:

katysu wrote:

Nope. Rather lame, don't you think? I've pretty much quit playing. There's nothing new in the shops, and nothing new to do.

yeah. nothing new in the shops. no spotpass. no new competitions. just nothing to do. i will sell this game if i need money for a better game. but right now i have plenty of stuff to do with OoT and advance wars

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

katysu

I'm still actively playing, didn't start the game till mid May.
I'm surprised at Nintendo, but hoping for something.
I played animal crossing/wii version and we did very well there for DLC, definitely on par with what the US got.

All I can think is, its been a combo of the phishing attack distracting them/not knowing what to send (difficult to think of a character that is acceptable/known to all of Europe/ Australia).
I think (but not sure) Japan just got dogs with a non descript Mii rather than a known character, better than nothing.

katysu

Taya

I bought a 3DS with French Bulldog & Friends the other day. So far I'm liking this a lot more than the original Nintendogs. Going for walks is much better, and the voice recognition might be better too (but it could just be me speaking more clearly). My puppy always comes when I call him and he always understands my commands... although he only knows four tricks.

I have a dalmatian named George. He's a skinny guy and he has only been the junior cup of the obedience competition. I like him a lot though. He's cute!

I'm saving up for a kitten.

Taya

katysu

Taya - very pleased there is another player around, I'm sure you will enjoy playing.

I think the voice recognition is better, I've not seen many posts where players are saying they have problems (as was the case with the older game)
In the older game I had earphones & a clip on mic (together via a splitter).
The 3DS does not support a mic - but it isn't necessary anyway for this game.
I've had no major problems with voice recognition - I've just kept the tricks' names very clearly different.

My dog was skinny when bought - I did not restrict walks/comps as some players advise - but I always fed & watered as soon as the stats went down to normal.
Always check stats when come in from a walk or comp.

I think I won at least the disc Ndogs cup while dog was still skinny, so it doesn't effect performance that much.
It was around 12 days before the dog went to optimal, went skinny again, for a day, after a day I was only able to play for a few mins. (ie dog didn't get much food).

Wet food and milk(formula) high calories so I used these as soon as possible.
Once Fine food unlocked I keep on that, & use both water & milk. Apart from the one blip the dog has remained at optimal.
Cat was also skinny when bought, but went optimal in 2 days & has remained so.

If a dog goes to plump, it may well effect performance - if some of the dogs I encounter via Mii's ingame, are anything to go by.

My second pet was a cat - though it was at least a week, ingame, before I got her.
You can make enough money with one dog, I didn't want to take on a second dog, as I couldn't afford to spend more time on the game.
But I was very keen to increase owner points (capped at 200 per day, per pet) - so it made sense to make the second pet a kitten

It is easy to get owner points from a cat by alternating petting, brushing, treats, and also by alternating toys (buy the expensive bell toy (£80/$80) when you can, as this is used only by the cat, I find it very useful.
When you first get a kitten make sure you name her (or him) - it's not so clearly dealt with as the dog
With a kitten just keep petting & game will eventually ask you to name.

Check out the surprise option at the kennels, its great fun to see all the possibilites in colour the game allows you.

As there was 2 3DS consoles in my household, I stretched to a second game, and have one dog & cat in each.
Thats as much as I can cope with time wise.

Don't be tempted to alter the time - it does effect the game - prevents you from entering the comps
(I don't know how long the prevention is for tho, not very long probably).
The older game was a bit more lenient on this point.

Edited on by katysu

katysu

blurays

So far I have gotten 4 Spotpass events for this Nintendogs + Cats which are 4 different presidents/dogs
Does anyone still play this game and have noticed the new SpotPass content
The Spot passes seem to be exclusive to North America.

blurays

Amber24

I'm in the UK and have still had none sad face.

When I'm bored I love going to the kennel and looking at all the different colours the dogs can come in . There are so many I want D: I may purchase a second game, but second hand, because I only have 2 spaces left for pets and I couldn't dare donate any of my pets. I've grown attached to my virtual furries . Although I don't see me adding a new addition for a while, my 4 keep me busy.

Aqua blue 3ds, playing nintendogs+cats

Amber24

You can do 6 competitions a day ^^ 2 for each type

Aqua blue 3ds, playing nintendogs+cats

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.